On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 14:26:50 -0500, Andrew Nowicki
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Rex May wrote:
>
>> Loglan's great contribution was to make us
>> think of how language actually works, a
>> thing Eo never did at all (and didn't really
>> intend to), so any auxlanger really should
>> familiarize himself with Loglan, so as to
>> do a better job.
>
>Yes, they made us think, but they have
>not introduced any idea that improved
>auxlang design. Loglan textbook is much
>better than Lojban textbook and now it
>is available free of charge at:
>http://www.loglan.org

'Improved' is a matter of opinion, but they certainly introduced ideas that
have -affected- auxlang design.  Or perhaps revived or emphasized ideas
that someone already had, I couldn't say for sure. But, at least until they
started fooling around with Q = /T/ and things like that, they had a pretty
good idea for an unu sono - unu litero system, certainly superior to Eo's.
They also introduced the idea of switching argument places, which I
incorporated into Tceqli with the word 'be', which switches subject and
object.  Finally, they made an excellent try at SSM.  I certainly would
never have seriously attempted an auxlang were it not for the impetus I got
from Loglan, i. e., to do an auxlang incorporating what I see as some of
its best features, and eliminating some of its flaws.

And thanks for the link.