On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 16:00:37 +0200, John Vertical
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I think I see what you mean. However, using "vaan" to join affirmative
>clauses still sounds wrong to me; I don't think it's standard Finnish, or
>part of any major dialect either, which is why I wrote it's only used in
>"not A but B".
>
>John Vertical

I think you are right here. For some reason I had the
impression (many years ago) that it could be used after
an affirmative clause, but looking into it again, I can't
find an example of it. I am a bit irritated with the
grammar where I had gotten this, because it wasn't
very clear on this point.

H. Ensle