Hallo!

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 17:22:38 -0400, Jeffrey Jones wrote:

> I don't have any translations, but I'm always interested in seeing how
> comparisons are done. Also equatives, superlatives etc. I'm trying to
> figure out how "Delta" does these.

In Old Albic (excerpt from http://wiki.frath.net/Old_Albic):

The positive degree is unmarked.  The comparative degree is marked with the
suffix -r, the superlative degree is marked with the suffix -th.  There is
also an equative degree (`as ... as'), which is marked with the suffix -ch.
These forms are the singular OSs; non-singular number forms and agentive stems
are formed from them as shown above. The standard of comparison (i.e., the
entity to which is compared) is in the locative case.

Examples: _banach albamal_ `as beautiful as an Elf'; _banar chvanal_ `more
beautiful than a dog'; _banath_ `most beautiful'.

... brought to you by the Weeping Elf