Martin Holmes wrote:
> I like the logo idea, but I'd like it even better if there was a logo
> meaning "encoded with TEI" -- in other words, showing that the site uses
> TEI, but without implying that it's in some way endorsed by the
> organization. Perhaps such a thing exists already?

What about using the following images I just whipped up:

http://www.tei-c.org.uk/images/TEI-XML.png
(An RSS-like orange logo)

Or just tiny shrunk versions of the TEI logo with transparent backgrounds:
  http://www.tei-c.org.uk/images/logo-small.jpg
  http://www.tei-c.org.uk/images/logo-small.png

I imagined the last two being used in a little footer line saying
something like: "[LOGO] Document created from a TEI XML original"
with the logo and 'TEI' being links to the TEI website.
I don't know how the TEI Board would feel about use of the last two
however and whether that would imply some form of sanctioning by the
TEI as an organisation.

-James
(Who was bored in a conference session after a promising first paper).