Martin Holmes wrote:

> I'd love to work on this. We could write it in TEI, publish it through
> XSLT to XHTML, text, and PDF through XSL:FO, and make the book
> illustrate what it describes.

<aside>
Have you tried  making *valid* XHTML from TEI texts? I have invested
much effort in my XSL recently working around the madness of XHTML, and
its got me pulling my hair (such as it is) out. Recently I found, for
instance, that you cannot embed a <pre> section in a paragraph
(or a list, or a quote, or a table, etc etc). Sigh.
</aside>
--
Sebastian Rahtz

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk