Martin Holmes wrote:

> IMHO, the single most significant thing we could all do to encourage the
> use of TEI is to make sure that in every project we do with TEI where
> materials are available online, the TEI XML is also available for view.

I agree; but do bear in mind that in some cases the intellectual value
is in the encoding, and people may genuinely not want to make that
available for free. That may be the case for the WWP, for example.

I am glad to say that the TEI web site site has an "XML link" at the
bottom of pages written in TEI XML. I am less glad to say that the pages
are nearly all TEI P4. and that their encoding is seldom other than
really rather dull :-}
--
Sebastian Rahtz

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk