APOLOGIES FOR CROSS POSTING

Hello all,

As many of you know, I am the director of the Digital Medievalist
project: this project runs a mailing list, journal, and wiki for
scholars using digital technology in the study of the Middle Ages.

We are going to spend the summer adding as many digital projects as
possible to our wiki. As those of you who have been members of the
project since the beginning will remember, a goal of the wiki is to
build a large database of projects so that projects can search for peers
using similar technology or techniques. The hope is that this will allow
projects to search across disciplinary boundaries--i.e. by searching for
something like "mysql" or "xml database" you might be able to find
projects using very similar technology, but in aspects of medieval
studies you otherwise might not have considered.

We have an intern, Eve Hunter, who will be leading this push. If you
would like your project included in the wiki but do not have the time to
add it yourself, we will be willing to put it in for you. Ideally we
would like to have some explanatory text and a URL. If this is already
available on a web page, let us know where and we can cut and paste into
the wiki. Once the wiki page has been added, Eve will notify you so you
can check it is accurate and make any changes you wish.

To suggest projects for inclusion, please use the following address:
[log in to unmask] You can see which projects are already listed at the
following URL: http://sql.uleth.ca/dmorgwiki/index.php/Projects. Of
course you may add a page yourself if you wish! The project's home is
http://www.digitalmedievalist.org/

Thanks very much.

-d
--