Hi folks,

For my Image Markup Tool, which produces P5 + SVG files, I'd like to
store the detailed version information of the application which produced
the file somewhere in the teiHeader. The information consists of four
integers, e.g.:

Major version: 1
Minor version: 0
Build: 3
Release: 5

and is also commonly encoded in a period-delimited form, such as 1.0.3.5.

This info is very handy for detecting and converting old file formats,
as well as diagnosing bugs.

I've taken a good look through the teiHeader docs for P5, and the only
likely place I can see to store this info is in the publicationStmt/idno
tag:

"<idno> supplies any standard or non-standard number used to identify a
bibliographic item.
type 	categorizes the number, for example as an ISBN or other standard
series."

so I could do something like this:

<idno type="AuthorAppVersion">1.0.3.5</idno>

Does this look reasonable? It would also make sense to store the name of
the authoring tool somewhere in the header, along with the URL of its
site, so anyone working on the file could retrieve the tool that created
it if necessary, but I can't see any logical place for that in the
header. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers,
Martin

--
Martin Holmes