Dot Porter wrote:

 > Does it make sense to use <respStmt> to note the
 > software and <creation> to note the "newness" of the descriptions?

Dot, another problem that I'd have with the respStmt solution (besides
it supposedly referring to a person rather than a program) is that the
definion mentions 'responsible for the intellectual content', which is
not really what the markup tool is responsible for.

As I said earlier, I feel this is important enough for an element of its
own. Why couldn't we have a <toolStmt>, on a par with <respStmt>? I'm
sure there'll be more tools that generate TEI texts. But if it should be
vanilla TEI, for the moment I'd prefer <creation>.

Peter