Doh!

What I been and gorn and done was:

-My original schema was created without the start attribute, so it
gacked on the teifsd with this error:

	 E unknown element "teifsd" from namespace "http://www.tei-c.org/ns/1.0"

-Then I generated a new schema from an ODD file after adding the start
element, and it gacked again -- I assumed it was the same problem, but
it's actually this:

	E multiple definitions of "mix.dictionaries" without "combine" attribute

which is a bug I'd hit in my original schema -- I think it's a hiccup in
ROMA -- but fixed and forgotten about. If I remove the duplicate
mix.dictionaries from the schema, it works fine.

Sorry about the obtusity.

Cheers,
Martin

--