It's a minor point. Perhaps in that case having a lastused date rather
than anything else? That still provides debugging information, but
doesn't create the temptation to build a second revision statement if
the same tool is being used repeatedly.

-d

--
Daniel Paul O'Donnell, PhD
Acting Chair and Associate Professor of English

Vox: +1 (403) 329-2378/-2377
Fax: +1 (403) 382-7191