On 5/5/06, Martin Holmes <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I know people are nervous about doing this because it exposes their XML
> to inspection and possible criticism (that has certainly been an issue
> with a couple of markup people I've worked with). But the overall
> effects would be that we'd all read more of each other's markup, so
> emerging practice would tend to be more uniform, and novices would learn
> more quickly and be less daunted because there would be lots of examples
> available.

Good idea.  Here are some of the TEI encoded files (and their PDF/HTML/TXT
generated output) that I and a few others have posted to PG.

I certainly welcome any and all criticism.  Just please keep in mind that
this is a volunteer effort and be gentle!  :)  Some of these are done in
v0.3 of our markup efforts and some in v0.4.  It is on my "to-do" list to
update all of them to v0.4, just haven't gotten around to that yet.

Josh

Epistle to the Son of the Wolf <http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/16697>
Gems of Divine Mysteries <http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/16939>

Gleanings from the Writings of Bahá'u'lláh<http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/16940>

The Tale of Solomon Owl <http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/16663>

The Submarine Boys and the Middies <http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/17756>

True Stories of History and Biography <http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/15697>

Tempest and Sunshine <http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/17260>

The Hidden Words of Bahá'u'lláh <http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/16941>

The Kitáb-i-Íqán <http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/16983>

The Kitáb-i-Aqdas <http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/16523>

An Elementary Course in Synthetic Projective
Geometry<http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/17001>

Judith of the Plains <http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/15573>

Prayers and Meditations <http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/16984>

The Proclamation of Bahá'u'lláh <http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/16985>

The Seven Valleys and the Four Valleys<http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/16986>

The Summons of the Lord of Hosts <http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/17309>

Tablets of Bahá'u'lláh Revealed after the
Kitab-i-Aqdas<http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/17310>

The Rejuvenation of Aunt Mary <http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/15775>
The Declaration of Independence of The United States of
America<http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/16780>