On 5/5/06, Martin Holmes <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I know people are nervous about doing this because it exposes their XML
to inspection and possible criticism (that has certainly been an issue
with a couple of markup people I've worked with). But the overall
effects would be that we'd all read more of each other's markup, so
emerging practice would tend to be more uniform, and novices would learn
more quickly and be less daunted because there would be lots of examples
available.

Good idea.  Here are some of the TEI encoded files (and their PDF/HTML/TXT generated output) that I and a few others have posted to PG.

I certainly welcome any and all criticism.  Just please keep in mind that this is a volunteer effort and be gentle!  :)  Some of these are done in v0.3 of our markup efforts and some in v0.4.  It is on my "to-do" list to update all of them to v0.4, just haven't gotten around to that yet.

Josh

Epistle to the Son of the Wolf

Gems of Divine Mysteries

Gleanings from the Writings of Bahá'u'lláh

The Tale of Solomon Owl

The Submarine Boys and the Middies

True Stories of History and Biography

Tempest and Sunshine

The Hidden Words of Bahá'u'lláh

The Kitáb-i-Íqán

The Kitáb-i-Aqdas

An Elementary Course in Synthetic Projective Geometry

Judith of the Plains

Prayers and Meditations

The Proclamation of Bahá'u'lláh

The Seven Valleys and the Four Valleys

The Summons of the Lord of Hosts

Tablets of Bahá'u'lláh Revealed after the Kitab-i-Aqdas

The Rejuvenation of Aunt Mary

The Declaration of Independence of The United States of America