Hi Christian et al,

I think gaiji would be a good model for me to look at as a model for
what I want to do. I was looking for the gaiji module (thinking it
should be called something similar to gaiji) on Sourceforge:

<http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.cgi/tei/trunk/P5/Source/Specs/>

but I couldn't find it. I found, instead, charDesc:

<http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.cgi/tei/trunk/P5/Source/Specs/charDesc.xml?view=markup>

which starts off like this:

<elementSpec xmlns="http://www.tei-c.org/ns/1.0" module="gaiji"
xml:id="CHARDESC" ident="charDesc">

This refers to other elements including char, which starts off like this:

<elementSpec xmlns="http://www.tei-c.org/ns/1.0"
xmlns:rng="http://relaxng.org/ns/structure/1.0" module="gaiji"
xml:id="CHAR" ident="char">

So I ended up thinking that a module exists solely in terms of the
elementSpec tags that identify themselves as being part of it.

Then I went to the TEI site and found a list of RNG modules, which
includes gaiji.rng:

<http://www.tei-c.org/release/xml/tei/schema/relaxng/gaiji.rng>

Would I be right in thinking that the appropriate way to propose an
addition to P5 would be in the form of an RNG file like the one above?
Or should I be creating a series of files containing elementSpec tags?

Cheers,
Martin

--
Martin Holmes