Back from a short holiday trip ...

From: "Larry Sulky" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2006 2:57 PM

> "The boy whose mother my daughter was later to befriend
> became ill."

Not a conlang, ... German:

Der Junge, mit  dessen Mutter sich    meine Tochter spšter
The boy    with whose  mother 3s.REFL my    dauther later

befreunden sollte, wurde  krank.
befriend   should  became ill.

Ayeri:

Mataviya        nupakur yanang mahavŠng sangena
PST.become.3s.m A.ill   boy.A  mother.A REL:A.GEN
'The boy became ill whose mother ...

mataviye        ledonaris layraena ayena  epang.
PST.become.3s.f friend.P  girl.GEN 1s.GEN later.
... became the friend of my daughter later.'

That was quite a nut to crack. And look at that evil
applicative!

Regards,
Carsten

--
"Miranayam kepauarŗ naranoaris." (Kalvin nay Hobbes)
Palayena, Sintung 4, 2315 ya 22:33:28 pd