From: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, June 05, 2006 8:47 PM

> how do you g*s do names in your langs?  example:

I boringly decided to have [family name] [given name(s)]. My
name would be _Tebamaya Krisyān_ in Ayeri, 'Baker Chris'.
Its Tarsyanian reflex would be _Tebangchi Karisykhangh_
/tEbA~Ci cAris\XA~:/ [1] according to my sound changes file.
Daléian has even more boringly plain old [given name(s)]
[family name], and my name would accordingly render as
_Pišankristidi Šafan_.

Other than that, names are usually fitted into the phonology
of the language.

Carsten

[1] Gotta love that crappy orthography ;-)

--
"Miranayam kepauarạ naranoaris." (Kalvin nay Hobbes)
Siruena, Sintung 5, 2315 ya 20:01:18 pd