James W. wrote:

> In my current project, āseka`eni, I need to come up with a
> way to express thanks. I'm interested in what you all have
> done in your own languages, or any natlangs you know of. I
> am particularly interested in unusual semantic content, but
> whatever you can contribute is appreciated.

In Aabalaz the most common way to express the concept of "Thank you"
are "Zu xafu silra!" ("You are kind!") which is sometimes shortened to
"Zu xafu!" ("You are!") and youngsters might even use "Zufu", though
adults generally regard this as impolite. Another way, used mostly
between persons familiar with each other, is "Gauxafu xfa!", which
translates as "Be [my] friend!, or just "Mika xfa!" ("My friend!").

Senno