On 6/23/06, Rex May <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> In Ceqli I do something rather cute, I think, for imperatives and other
> stuff in general.  Ceqli makes
> extensive use of ellipsis.  You can say:
>
> go ciq ke zi ja.   I invite that you go.
>
> and cut that down to:
>
> ciq ja.   Invite go.

Concerning "Invite go.", how do you differentiate "I invite you to
go." from "[You, ] Invite [someone] to go!" (imperative), or other
related forms? It is not clear to me which statement to assume by
default, as "Cause write." could mean "I cause you to write.", "I
cause myself to write", "You cause [someone] to write.", or other
similar forms with he/she/it, etc. Without further explanation, it
appears to be more ambiguous than I could tolerate for a "smooth"
communication. Could you please describe in more detail your default
assignment rule? It would be very interesting to know.