On 6/22/06, Rex May <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 16:49:33 -0400, Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>

> >If you're just tweaking, why not leave the plural form as is, or "-oy",
> >and make it optional?
> >
> That's my current inclination, to make it optional and have the form as -
> oy.  It's interesting how awkward it is to make the infinitive anything
> but -i.

It occurs to me that many rural dialects of English omit some plural
markers when a number is provided. "Town's just three mile down that
road. Folks there average six foot tall." Sounds like just the thing
for Texans.

The infinitive in -i is very sensible; I'd stick with it and go with
-oy for the high-falutin' city slicker plural.

---Lariat Larry