----- Original Message -----
From: "Sylvia Sotomayor" <[log in to unmask]>

> ennāpren '(mathematical) rationality'. Getting this from sanity was a
> stretch, but needed for the congruence in English of mathematical
> rational and mentally rational. So, irrational numbers are actually
> insane numbers.

I had trouble with this, too; I basically think that Teonaht would have
different terminology for mathematical concepts: I have a word for
"rational" (racodel), but it means "full of reason, full of logic."  The
opposite, "full of unreason" doesn't really describe pi.  Pi is reasonable
on its own terms, just one's we can't fathom.  Irrational numbers:
unfathomable numbers? bottomless numbers?

> tamōl 'root' from root for 'birth'

Interesting!  Tamol means "child" in Teonaht.

Sally