Kjell (>), Carl (>>), Kjell (>>>):
> >> shorter form for the initiated, like "acaude" for the initiated.
> >
> > Let me see if I understand your suggestion correctly... extending the
> > table so that it encompasses words like "because"? It's funny you
> > bring it up, because I'm actually unsure where I should put "because"
> > in the table, and I often find myself wanting to put it next to "why",
> > in the place where I have now put "for that reason".
>
> Compare Swedish older form "hvi" for "varför" = why, and then then "ty"
> "for", "''cause". That and Esperanto's "kial", "tial" and latin "cur" <
> qua re = why. Latvian has "kur" for "where" and then "tur" for "there".
>
> "a causa de" I took from Interlingua. And my idea was that by using long
> words in the initial stage this will make learning easier. If "a causa de"
> "because of" is easy to understand, then, when you know it, it is not
> difficult to memorize "acaude" or "kude".
>
> The more known words you start out with, the better it might be.

Interesting. I think I understand what you're getting at now. I'll see
what I can do about extending the tables with such words. There's this
delicate balance between stuffing the tables full of neat information,
and stuffing the tables too full of information. :) Maybe if the Web
were three-dimensional, it'd be easier.

> Something like English "therefor" > "thor", "wherefor" > "whor"; etc.

Even for me as a non-native speaker of English, that last abbrev
conjures up the wrong associations.

"Oh, Romeo, whor art thou Romeo?"

Nope, doesn't really fly... :)

// Carl