On Mon, 2 Oct 2006, Risto Kupsala wrote:

> Dana Nutter wrote:
>> This isn't quite right according to my sources.
>
> Indeed. When I was checking my sources, it warned that Latin pronunciation
> is taught differently in different countries and even in different
> universities in some countries.
> [trim]

I might suggest a book (written in English):

W. Sidney Allen
VOX LATINA: The Pronunciation of Classical Latin
Cambridge University Press
second edition, 1978 (reprinted various times)
ISBN 0-521-22049-1 (hardback); 0-521-37936-9 (paperback)

Allen argues that we can reconstruct the pronunciation of Latin in
the Classical period with considerable accuracy, despite the later
dialectalization of later pronunciations.

--
Paul Bartlett