> Larry Sulky wrote:
> In Lume I did away with prepositions, though I did retain an
> associative marker that could be thought of as a preposition (or
> something like a genitive). The rest I replaced with verbs, somewhat
> like Ceqli (surprise, surprise). The result was kind of cool -- "I
> place the book on the table" became "I place book be-upon table",
> where the object of the first verb, "put", became the subject of the
> second verb, "be-upon"; as well, "be-upon" could be used independently
> as a verb.

This resembles very much the verb-based approach that we were developing
in Gaja. I wrote an article about this type of grammar some time ago:
http://kupsala.net/risto/tekokieli/predicategrammar.html

There I also show how it's possible to use the same word both as a
preposition and as a postposition (two-sided monadic predicate). In my
opinion it's best to allow both prepositions and postpositions without
favoring either of them.

You English speakers are so used to speaking only about prepositions.
Anybody can do away with prepositions by introducing postpositions. :-)
So, please, use the term "adposition" instead.

-- Risto Kupsala