Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=111). The server is probably not started. LISTSERV 16.5 - CONLANG Archives

Quoting Gary Shannon <[log in to unmask]>:

> --- Andreas Johansson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> > Quoting Gary Shannon <[log in to unmask]>:
> >
> > > Does a conlang need the infinitive?
> >
> > No, a conlang doesn't necessarily have an infinitive.
> >
> > [snip really strange stuff about English grammar]
> >
> > May I ask why you spend so much time on non-standard analyzes of English,
> > instead of, for instance, trying and coming up with an infinitiveless
> > conlang,
> > or just look at an infinitiveless natlang (which English, your efforts
> > nonwithstanding, isn't)?
> >
> >                                   Andreas
>
> I simply use English for illustrative purposes. It's much quicker to explore
> the possibilities of an idea that way than to have to build a whole conlang
> before discovering that it doesn't work at all. Once I've explored it in
> English paraphrase  and found that it works, then I can use what I've learned
> to start building a real conlang.
>
> My preliminary exploration of this idea using English lexicon took me a grand
> total of 15 minutes. It would take me many times longer than that to even
> find
> an infinitive free natlang, if a such a thing even exists, and I could have
> spent days or weeks getting to the point where I understood it well enough to
> accomplish what I accomplished in 15 minutes in English.

It'd taken you less than a minute to ask if there are any infinitiveless
natlangs ...

(I'd, of course, be inclined to dispute that you "accomplished" anything with
your reanalysis of English, but let's not go there.)

                                               Andreas