It is very nice to use wikis as tools to support a collaborative process of
developing auxlangs. There are many analogies with distributed software
teams we could point with this practice.
By the way, I often notice some say it is a pity that many proposals of
auxlangs exist. I have a different opinion. I find that the existence of
many proposed auxlangs shows the marvelous criativity of the humankind, and
I am happy for it. I am inclined to see our discipline as a form of
Engineering, because of the many trade-offs involved. I hope that, with the
increasing maturity of our field, it will be seen in this light by the
mainstream auxlangers.
Many good solutions are possible, and none of them is perfect. However, all
of them could be ameliorated, in the same way that software can always
evolve for better.
Have in mind that the existence of proposed IALs might not convince the
humankind to adopt a worldwide lingua franca which is a conlang, but may
pave the way for applications that can improve the quality of life of the
humankind. For instance, the creation of conlangs/auxlangs to improve the
teaching of natlangs, thus making other creative methods of teaching emerge.
Auxlangs are the conlangs better suited to this task, because all of them
strive for being simpler than a set of natlangs in some quality dimension
(usability, recognizability, phonetic simplicity, etc.), while trying to
retain a look and feel of "naturalness", which other conlangs may of may not
consider.
Another nice application is to join people which otherwise would not be part
of the same community. For instance, I have never studied Esperanto, but I
have studied Interlingua and I am part of that community of speakers.
However, I am happy of knowing that many people were able to have more
friends by means of using Esperanto. The same can be said of the other
auxlangs. It is possible that in the future I will learn more auxlangs in
order to be able to make more friends around the world, just as people such
as Kjell do. Different auxlang communities do not need to fight against each
other. After all, we are all language appreciators that want a better world.
So, let's create more auxlangs! The more, the better! :)

Antonielly Garcia Rodrigues