Jacques (>):
> 'ne' es universalemente plu facilemente pronunciabile que 'non'
> et anque plu universalemente reconocibile con le significatione
> del anglese 'not'.

Not wanting to be contrary, but...

From Wikipedia:

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_language> (]):
] Estimates about second language speakers of English vary greatly
] between 150 million and 1.5 billion.

That's a potential great lot of people who would understand the word
"not". Romance languages are reported to have 600 million speakers,
not all of whom use "ne" (even though many would probably recognize
it).

 <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romance_languages>

However, if you want wide recognizability, I'd suggest the Putonghua
"bý", which probably a billion Chinese will recognize at once. :)

Kindly,
// Carl