Hi all,

Maybe you can help me by telling me whether or not this is plausible.

I'm considering making pronunciation of consonants in one of my
languages somewhat dependent on stress. I haven't developed the idea
at all, so here's a crude example of what I mean:

If the word /tati/ had stress on the last syllable, it would be realized as:

[ta.ti]

If the word /tati/ had stress on the first syllable, however, it would
be realized as:

[ta.si]

[s] would be an allophone of /t/ that would occur in certain contexts,
perhaps intervocalically except when it begins a stressed syllable...?
(I really don't know yet.)

I can't think of any examples of stress in natlangs affecting
pronunciation of consonants in a similar way, so I'm hoping someone
here will either be able to give me examples or tell me that I should
drop this idea if I care about realism. =)

--
Katya