* Eric Christopherson said on 2006-11-15 01:42:22 +0100
> I had been wondering if I was just imagining the list being
> quieter than it used to.  If I asked why that is, would there be a
> simple answer?  I know there are a few other forums, which I suppose
> is a good thing, diversity and all that, but I actually feel somewhat
> disappointed that there isn't just *one* definitive place to go with
> questions and ideas.

There are several more forums now (lots of traffic on the ZBB for
instance), and the days of up to 300 messages per day is definitely
over. Some people left because of all the traffic, others because of
sharp words/culture clashes. The first was fixed by several types of
posting limits. I do notice that there seems to be fewer widely
off-topic posts now, and fewer threads that last for months.

t.