On 11/20/06, caeruleancentaur <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> They speak Spanish at home & are taught their catechism in Spanish
> (because their catechists are not fluent in English), but must speak
> English in school.

See, woefully ignorant of Church terminology as I am, it would never
have occurred to me that there was such a word as "catechist", and if
there were I would have assumed by analogy with other -ism/-ist pairs
that it referred more generally to someone who believed in the
doctrine explained by the catechsm, not specifically an instructor...

But Now I Know, and Knowing is Half the Battle!

--
Mark J. Reed <[log in to unmask]>