Henrik wrote:
> I think so, yes, depending on how you count, there are two or three
> operations.

Interesting - in my one-open-class-lang Telona, I too came to the
conclusion that 'two or three depending how you look at it' was the
minimal number of operators. In this case, they are as follows:

identity operator '=': A = B  "A (which) is B"
direct operator '+':   A + B  "A acting on B" (e.g. eat + food)
reverse operator '-':  A - B  "A acted on by B" (e.g. food - eat)

The direct and reverse operators are related simply by reversing the
order of the arguments, and indeed freely alternate in this way when
rearranging word order in a sentence. That is:

A = B implies and is implied by B = A
A + B implies and is implied by B - A

Jonathan.
==