Last posted: October 25th, 2002

> From: Aidan Grey <[log in to unmask]>
>
> Good job to everyone who did last weeks'! Keep up the good work!
>
> correlative pronouns
>
> 1. whoever
>
> Whoever stole my wallet is going to die!
>
> 2. Which
>
> Which one do you like better?
>
> 3. scale
>
> What kind of bathroom scale do you have?
> How many scales are there on a trout?
> Someone scaled the wall silently.
>
> 4. throat
>
> My throat hurt, so I guessed I had some kind of infection.
>
> 5. set
>
> Every one of the dish sets was chipped
> Everytime he sets the table, he forgets the spoons.
>
> 6. slight
>
> Whenever her son has a slight cough, she takes him to the doctor.
>
> 7. upstairs
>
> When we play hide-and-seek, sometimes I like to hide upstairs.
>
> 8. reduce
>
> He needs to reduce the number of cigarettes he smokes.
>
> 9. care
>
> No one cares about him.
>
> 10. imagination
>
> I never had the imagination you have.
>
> Aidan

Bonus Vocab from WordNet:
This is randomly selected automatically, so in case it offends you
or you disagree, please either ignore or be inspired to make up
different words and/or phrases:

  - card, n.
    (golf) a record of scores (as in golf); "you have to turn in your card to get a
    handicap"

  - detonate, v.
    burst and release energy as through a violent chemical or physical
    reaction;"the bomb detonated at noon"; "The Molotov cocktail exploded"

Fiant verba!

----
If you want to post your own weekly vocab, please do not send it to
the list directly.  To prevent unbalanced amounts of new vocab, send
it to <[log in to unmask]> in order to enqueue it in the
regular weekly posting process.  Just write a mail as if addressing
the list directly -- it will be forwarded as is.