Henrik Theiling <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Last posted: May 31st, 2002

    I did these for Gladilatian back then.  This is for Seezzitonian.

>> From: Aidan Grey <[log in to unmask]>
>>
>>   Brought to you by a (architecture), d (directions), and subordinate
>> clauses.
>>
>>   Note: I'm going to give fewer context sentences since it seems that 10
>> is too many.
>>
>>   1. house

xapo

>>   2. wall

sstto

>>   3. door

ssttofo

>>   4. threshold

mowo

>>   5. window

wosstto

>>   6. lock (v or n)

n. eexaabaadait
v. eexaabaadap, eexaabaadab

>>   7. room

xamino

>>   8. bathroom

xaminotteetto

>>   9. corner

ssttoyo

>>   10. ceiling

zinitmaddyo

>>   My house has a door that faces north, but windows that face east and
>>   west.

Xapo bodo doto ssttofoj omoj feenomom, empewossttopaj omopaj feeddom
efeumom.

house-NOM 1XS-POSS-PS have-IND-PRES-3PS door-S-ACC-IND-PRES
exist-IND-PRES-PS-ACC north-S-ASS-IND-PRES but-window-P-ACC-IND-PRES
exist-IND-PRES-3PP-ACC east-S-ASS-IND-PRES and-west-S-ASS-IND-PRES

>>   That unusual house has 6 walls per room.

Xapo tibaabo doto ssttopaj ssilop xaminotet.

house-NOM be_typical-NEG-3PS have-IND-PRES-3PS wall-P-ACC-IND-PRES
six-3P-IND-PRES room-S-DIS-IND-PRES

>>   The threshhold is where the door is.

Mowo omo lobiblobib omo sstto.

threshold-S-NOM exist-IND-PRES-3PS RELATIVE_PRONOUN-PS-LOC-PS-LOC
exist-IND-PRES-3PS door-S-NOM

Note: There's an understood "pobib" ("at the place") here.  "The threshold
is (at the place) at which is the door."  I took advantage of Seezzitonian's
loose word order to make the sentence nicely symmetric.

>>   There aren't any locks on the doors, not even on the bathroom door.

Eexaabaadapiit obait ssttobib, eeyobait ssttobib xaminottettoyo.

lock-P-NOM exist-NEG-IND-PRES-3TP door-P-LOC-IND-PRES
surprising-exist-NEG-IND-PRES-3TP door-S-LOC-IND-PRES bathroom-S-ASS-PS

>>   In the southern corner, against the ceiling, there are many cobwebs.

SSttoyobib feemeenomeemo mimeejo zinitmaddyoj fiblitxixiit zumiit.

corner-S-LOC south-S-ADE-PS touch-IND-PRES-1PS ceiling-S-ACC-IND-PRES
web-P-NOM be_many-IND-PRES-3TP

>>   Aidan

Personal pronouns are indicated by the person number followed by case data,
e.g. 1XS-ASS-1F for "boyu", meaning "my"

NEG is the abbreviation for a negative form.

GENDERS
F   Feminine
M   Masculine
P   Positional
T   Transportable
U   Uncountable

NUMBERS
P   Plural
S   Singular

CASES
ABE     Abessive
ABL     Ablative
ACC     Accusative
ADE     Adessive
ASS     Associative
BEN     Benefactive
CAU     Causative
COM     Comitative
DER     Derivative
DIS     Distributive
ILL     Illative
INE     Inessive
INS     Instrumentive
LOC     Locative
NOM     Nominative
POS     Possessive
PRO     Prolative
VOC     Vocative
Adjectival cases can be distinguished from the corresponding adverbal cases
because the latter will be followed by gender and number and the latter by
tense and mood.

PERSONS
1N  First Person Inclusive
1X  First Person Exclusive
2   Second Person
3F  Third Person Feminine
3M  Third Person Masculine
3P  Third Person Positional
3T  Third Person Transportable
3U  Third Person Uncountable

TENSES
FUT     Future
PAST    Past
PRES    Present

MOODS
ANAL    Analytic
IND     Indicative
HYP     Hypothetic
OPT     Optative
SUB     Subjunctive

                 Dennis Paul Himes    <>    [log in to unmask]
                   http://home.cshore.com/himes/dennis.htm
        Gladilatian page: http://home.cshore.com/himes/glad/lang.htm
       Seezzitonian page: http://home.cshore.com/himes/umuto/lang.htm

Disclaimer: "True, I talk of dreams; which are the children of an idle
brain, begot of nothing but vain fantasy; which is as thin of substance as
the air."                      - Romeo & Juliet, Act I Scene iv Verse 96-99