On 11/25/06, Carl Mäsak <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Dave (>):
> > Wouldn't la domo flavas work if the sunlight just happened to hit it in
> such
> > a way that it looked really yellow, even if its original colour was
> orange
> > or something else?
>
> Yes.
>
> But so would "la domo estas flava", if you ask me.
>
> // Carl

Yes.  I understand that Zamenhof said that the two are not the same, but I
just don't believe that the distinction has  any traction in modern
Esperanto.  That is,  if  someone asked "De kiu koloro  estas via domo?" and
I answered "Mia domo flavas," I don't think there would be any
miscommunication or even a sense that what I said was awkward.

Todd