On 11/25/06, Carl Mäsak <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Dave (>):
> Wouldn't la domo flavas work if the sunlight just happened to hit it in such
> a way that it looked really yellow, even if its original colour was orange
> or something else?

Yes.

But so would "la domo estas flava", if you ask me.

// Carl

Yes.  I understand that Zamenhof said that the two are not the same, but I just don't believe that the distinction has  any traction in modern  Esperanto.  That is,  if  someone asked "De kiu koloro  estas via domo?" and I answered "Mia domo flavas," I don't think there would be any miscommunication or even a sense that what I said was awkward.

Todd