From: Garth Meckler <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Charcoal with Sorbitol
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 11:16:32 -0800

Does anyone have any evidence that sorbitol added to charcoal for GI
decontamination has a role in pediatrics?
Our division has been debating the topic - it seems that sorbitol only makes
a mess for parents and I am not aware
of proven benefit in young children.  Thoughts?

Garth Meckler, MD, MSHS
Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine and Pediatrics
Oregon Health and Science University

message: info PED-EM-L
The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: