I think there is an important distinction here that Elena is putting her
finger on that may not be currently supported by TEI element
distinctions. In the EpiDoc local recommendations we are able to
distinguish not only between scribal addition and editorial supplement,
but between scribal deletion and editorial rejection (using
disambiguation in all cases]), but I'm not sure we have such a robust,
unambiguous policy for the distinction between scribal correction and
editorial emendation. I for one would be grateful for recommendations on
how to resolve this question.

Best,

Gabriel

--