Jens Wilkinson wrote:

> We don't have a word for it yet in Pangaja, but I
> would support clock-direction rather than anything to
> do with DNA. Just a simple question, but wouldn't DNA
> be going the other direction when seen from the
> opposite side?

In Ygyde the word ywiwi = "noun genetic helix" = DNA.
DNA is shaped like a right-hand (normal) screw. When
the screw moves away from you, it turns clockwise.
Screws are fasteners. When you turn a screw with a
screwdriver, it usually moves away from you (and into
the wood).

The right-hand screw concept is important in physics
because it determines direction of magnetic field,
and in chemistry, because most organic chains shaped
like left-hand screw are toxic. (Very few right-hand
screw shaped organic chains are toxic.)

> The nice thing about a clock is that in normal life,
> you never see them from the other side. Which isn't
> true for the orbits of planets, for example, where it
> depends on whether you look at them from the "north"
> or the "south".

> In any case, though, I'm confused about the subject of
> the post. Why is this a "simple auxlang test"?

The word is difficult to define. I imagine that by the
end of this century digital gizmos (probably cell phones)
will replace the mechanical clocks. How do you explain
the word clockwise to someone who has never seen a
mechanical clock? Webster's dictionary defines clockwise
as "circularly to the right from a point taken as the top."