li [Kjell Rehnström] mi tulis la

> It is much better to let the languages show what they can do
> than having
> some political body to decide which of them to use. It
> doesn't take much
> imagination to realize what would happen if the UN took the
> question to
> the Security Council. Some countries would most certainly
> oppose to Our
> Language if it were accepted by certain other countries, not
> on merits but
> just becaus "these countries" are the enemy!

I recently had a discussion with someone promoting Japanese as an IAL.
He hadn't heard of Esperanto, and when I brought it to his attention he
replied:

	"Sorry, but as a European based language, I believe it is a dead
duck.
	Too many people with money are sick of another whitey language.
It would
	be okay if it were genuinely international."

	http://www.eigodaigaku.com/archives/en/000158.html

So, yes, resentment is an issue, and one that should be addressed in new
IAL designs.