Last posted: April 6th, 2003

> From: Christopher Wright <[log in to unmask]>
>
> This week's vocab brought to you by opressed nobility everywhere and the
> Campaign for the Preservation of Blue Blood.[1]
> 1. round
> The king's hall is round.
>
> 2. everyone
> Everyone is dancing.
>
> 3. same
> I am wearing the same shoes as the (choose appropriate monarch title).
>
> 4. breed
> We are a breed above the commoners.
>
> 5. to obey
> They must obey us.
>
> 6. to notice
> I do not notice them often.
>
> 7. angry
> Now the commoners are angry.
>
> 8. to revolt
> They are revolting against me.
>
> 9. to lose (win, not find)
> My soldiers have lost.
>
> 10. to vote
> The people vote against me.
>
> And the Advanced Section:
> 11. to opress
> The commoners opress me! Wail of anguish!
>
> 12. suffrage
> This suffrage is bad for my coffer.
>
> 13. succession
> 14. to abrogate
> The line of succession has been most unfortunately abrogated.
>
> ~Wright
>
> [1] Blue blood: that which flows in royal veins

Bonus Vocab from WordNet:
This is randomly selected automatically, so in case it offends you
or you disagree, please either ignore or be inspired to make up
different words and/or phrases:

  - roads, n.
    a partly sheltered anchorage

  - esterify, v.
    change (a compound) into an ester

Fiant verba!

----
If you want to post your own weekly vocab, please do not send it to
the list directly.  To prevent unbalanced amounts of new vocab, send
it to <[log in to unmask]> in order to enqueue it in the
regular weekly posting process.  Just write a mail as if addressing
the list directly -- it will be forwarded as is.