Hello, everyone. I've been lurking for a while, but I'm surfacing
because I want to know if anyone knows of a good online list of
Arabic, Hebrew, or other Semitic roots. I'm preparing Anmur for
participation in the current translation relay, and since it has a
Semitic-like morphology, I was hoping to use a list of roots from a
Semitic language to jump-start the vocabulary. Mostly I'm hoping on
using the *meanings*, since I'm giong to randomly generate root forms
according to Anmurian rules to match the meanings.

So far I haven't found anything really usable. The best list I've
found for Arabic is at http://www.studyquran.co.uk/PRLonline.htm, but
its format is not easily altered for input to a Perl script, and many
of the roots listed don't have meanings given, just a list of
references from the Koran. Anybody have any better ideas?

--
JS Bangs
http://jaspax.com

"amazing grace