>"Mark J. Reed" <markjreed@...> wrote:

>I love movies (like, say, Robocop)  that ostensibly take place in
>one city (Detroit) while not only being shot in another (Dallas) >but
also making unhesitating use of exterior shots that anyone >who's ever
been to either city will instantly recognize as being >wrong for the
setting.

My favorite example of this is the movie "Periscope Up."  Or is
it "Periscope Down"?  It stars Kelsey Grammer & concerns some
submarine maneuvers, ostensibly in the Chespeake Bay & the Port of
Hampton Roads.  But hills in Tidewater, VA, & red tile roofs in
Norfolk?  I don't think so.  It was obviously filmed in San Diego.

Charlie
http://wiki.frath.net/senjecas