Leon Lin wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I currently can speak English and Mandarin, what other languages to
> recommend me look in to for ideas (not necessarily natlangs)? What languages
> have you found the most interesting?
>
> Thanks.

All of them. :-)

Okay, it depends on what kind of ideas you're looking for. Some langs
are better for phonology ideas, others for morphology, and still others
for syntax. Probably just about any language you can mention has one or
more interesting features that could be pointed out. But some languages,
either because they're more widely spoken or for other reasons, are
easier to find good documentation on. Japanese might be a good language
to start with, since there's no shortage of books on it, and it's so
different from many other familiar languages.