Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=104). The server is probably not started. LISTSERV 16.5 - CONLANG Archives

>>lars.finsen@... wrote:

>>But one thing I am considering is to unvoice an m before
>>unvoiced stops and s. Curiously I don't find a symbol for this in
>>the Sampa chart. Is this something that's simply not done, or what?

>JR <fuscian@...> wrote:

>There's no separate symbol for it, but you can always put a little
>circle underneath (or above, for a character has a descender) to
show
>voicelessness. In X-SAMPA it's _0. And voiceless nasals are found
in >many languages, phonetically as well as phonemically.

There is an unvoiced "m" in Senjecas.  I use the little circle above
when it is available.  In X-Sampa I use /m_0/.  In the standard
orthography of the language I use the IPA symbol "m-hook" when
available.  Here on the list I use "mh."  I use the "h" digraph here
to represent the four unvoiced sonorants: mh, rh, lh, jh.

I have read that there is an unvoiced "m" as an allophone in
English. It occurs after another unvoiced consonant: smoke.

Charlie
http://wiki.frath.net/senjecas