I:
>>  I've decided to change the distinction in the
>> plural to be keyed off of whether or not a third person is included.  So
>> first person inclusive plural would mean the speaker and listener(s) and
>> no one else, while first person exclusive plural would mean the speaker,
>> at least one person neither the speaker or a listener, and possibly also
>> the listener(s).

Roger Mills:
> I'm having trouble conceiving a situation where your "exclusive" (I/we and
> others, and you) would be used. Wouldn't this just be a general "plural"?
> Just "we all". Could you give an example?

    "Bob" is the first person exclusive plural nominative pronoun
(pronounced /bob/), and "bee" the first person inclusive nominative plural
(/be/).  If Tifa was talking, then he'd use the following:

talking to  talking about       old system  new system
Na          Tifa and Na         bee         bee
Na          Tifa, Na, and EExa  bee         bob
Na and EExa Tifa, Na, and EExa  bee         bee
Uza         Tifa, Na, and EExa  bob         bob

    The change I'm making is in the second case, where first, second, and
third are all combined.  This is now what I've been calling "exclusive", but
that term doesn't seem right any more, since no one's excluded in this case.

                 Dennis Paul Himes    <>    [log in to unmask]
                   http://home.cshore.com/himes/dennis.htm
        Gladilatian page: http://home.cshore.com/himes/glad/lang.htm
       Seezzitonian page: http://home.cshore.com/himes/umuto/lang.htm

Disclaimer: "True, I talk of dreams; which are the children of an idle
brain, begot of nothing but vain fantasy; which is as thin of substance as
the air."                      - Romeo & Juliet, Act I Scene iv Verse 96-99