In a message dated 1/28/2007 8:25:24 PM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> I am trying to make a philosophical language and I am having trouble with
> abstract words like "justice", "love", or "communication". Perhaps I have
> not studied them hard enough, but I can't quite find equivalents in
> languages like Latejami or Ithkuil.

Here are some relevant Latejami {and Saweli} words:

jentega [A/P/F-d] - report, communicate officially or in a professional
format. [Etym: professional/expert/skillful + speech act] {tavim}

dayxaso [P-s] - fair, just, equitable. [Etym: equal/same/fair + performance
attribute] {sugik}

bakopa [P/F-s] - love. [Etym: one/unity/harmony/child/offspring + mental
state] {vahowab}

Some relevant suffixes:
on (quality)    {da}
ink (process)    {de}
env (event) {do}

For "communication", you could use the process noun of "jentega": jenteginki
{tavindes}.  To include the arguments that normally go with the verb
"jentega", use the open noun form "jenteginkaw" {tavindez}.
"Justice" would be the quality noun of "dayxaso": dayxasoni {sugindas}. No
open noun form.
"Love" is maybe either the quality or process noun of the verb "bakopa":
bakoponi {vahowandas} (quality) or bakopinki {vahowandes} (process).  The open
nouns are "bakoponaw" {vahowandaz} and "bakopinkaw" {vahowandez}.

If you want to talk about individual events then use the event suffix "env"
{do} instead of the process suffix "ink" {de}.

Latejami doesn't have a single way to create abstract nouns.  You have to
decide what kind of abstraction you have before you can create the word(s)  you
want.

I can't really help with Ithkuil.  It's a lot more complicated than Latejami
(or Saweli).

stevo