Je 12.58 ptm 2007.02.23, Dave RUTAN skribis
>Hmm.  I almost hate to ask this, because of the 'discussions' which
>may erupt....  BUT for a wee project I'm working on, I was wondering
>-IF- there's a consensus on what are currently the top Three
>Auxlangs in the world.
>
>By that I mean, I suppose, which three auxlangs have the most
>speakers and body of literature?

These would have to be Esperanto, Interlingua and Ido, the last two
probably but not necessarily in that order, and the last two trailing
at least two or three orders of magnitude (in number of speakers and
body of literature) behind Esperanto. Other auxlangs (or auxlang
wannabes) generally have few to zero speakers and no body of
literature worth mentioning (except perhaps for a relict body left
over from Occidental's heyday, and probably accessible today only
with difficulty).

Note: there are several mailing lists for other IALs, and there are
postings to those lists in the languages in question, so e.g. Volapuk
and Lingua Franca Nova evidently have a few speakers, or at least
writers, extant.

-- Don HARLOW