Je 04.35 ptm 2007.02.23, vi skribis
>Je 12.58 ptm 2007.02.23, Dave RUTAN skribis
>>Hmm.  I almost hate to ask this, because of the 'discussions' which
>>may erupt....  BUT for a wee project I'm working on, I was
>>wondering -IF- there's a consensus on what are currently the top
>>Three Auxlangs in the world.
>>
>>By that I mean, I suppose, which three auxlangs have the most
>>speakers and body of literature?
>
>These would have to be Esperanto, Interlingua and Ido, the last two
>probably but not necessarily in that order, and the last two
>trailing at least two or three orders of magnitude (in number of
>speakers and body of literature) behind Esperanto. Other auxlangs
>(or auxlang wannabes) generally have few to zero speakers and no
>body of literature worth mentioning (except perhaps for a relict
>body left over from Occidental's heyday, and probably accessible
>today only with difficulty).
>
>Note: there are several mailing lists for other IALs, and there are
>postings to those lists in the languages in question, so e.g.
>Volapuk and Lingua Franca Nova evidently have a few speakers, or at
>least writers, extant.

Peeking at YahooGroups, I find the following:

the last five messages were in Occidental. There have been a total of
20 messages posted here in the last six months. (Note: this one got a
good start in late 1999 with 365 messages its first full month. After
that, everything slowly trailed off.)

last five messages were partly in Volapuk. There have been a total of
122 messages in the last six months.

Five of the last five messages were in LFN. There have been a total
of 99 messages in the last six months.

last five messages were in Adjuvilo. There have been 48 messages in
the last 6 months.