On Mon, 26 Feb 2007, MacLeod Dave wrote:

> Somebody has been writing a few messages on the LFN wiki over the past
> few days and seems to be developing into a discussion. Any opinions?
>
> http://lfn.esef.net/index.php/Talk:Parolas_Nova_%28Janero_a_Junio%2C_2006%29

I haven't followed the discussion, but glancing at it, and having seen
some other LFN materials, I notice that to some extent the LFNers warp
some names to fit the sound structure, which is not in itself entirely
bad (probably most people do that to some extent), but not allowing
letters which do not fit into the "LFN alphabet" seems a bit much to
me.  Most American newspapers of my acquaintance in their body text
leave off diacritics even from languages written with some form of the
Latin alphabet, although I presume that with computerized typesetting
these days that isn't really necessary.  It seems more than a little
odd in case I happen to know what the original form is.  (Then again,
American witers, editors, and readers tend to be insufferably
parochial, as if the whole words speaks -- or ought to speak --
English.)

--
Paul Bartlett