A week or so there was a short thread, I believe, about biblical
translations in auxlangs.

Today the ELNA book service received a package of books from Andre
Cherpillod, an Esperanto publisher in France. Buried among the books
received (which included restocks of the Esperanto translation of
Johann Schmidt's "History of Volapuk", a concise grammar of Volapuk
for Esperanto speakers, and a Volapuk-Esperanto Esperanto-Volapuk
dictionary) were three fliers for new books. One was about whales and
dolphins, another about calendars; but the third, unlike the others,
was not in Esperanto -- it was a set of translations of the four
gospels into Volapuk. So it appears that yet another auxlang has some
biblical translations available.

I'm not sure which version of Volapuk this is, but Cherpillod seems
to favor the Arie de Jong reformed version, so that's where I'd put
my money. Anyway, I went ahead and ordered three copies to add to our
shelves. When they arrive, I'll let this list know, since I suspect
that this is where the interest will be.

(If anybody with a credit card is interested in the other Volapuk
books mentioned above, you can find them by going to
http://esperantousa.hypermart.net/butiko/butiko.cgi , going to the
bottom of the page, and searching on "Volap" -- where you can also
find Andrew Drummond's novel "Handbook of Volapuk".)

-- Don HARLOW