Anyone have comments about this?

The big three are listed as Esperanto, Ido and/or Interlingua.
However, the second or third could very well be Dutton Speedwords.
Why? Because I have found out that it is being used by many people
using it for their personal note taking. That is not, necessarily, for purposes of
international language usage.
But, it is still being used that way anyway, and Speedwords is classed
as an international doublespeed language.

Next, I have this question.

Don mentioned the Occidental list and its lack of activity.

Well, let's look at possible reasons why.
First, the person from Germany who, as I recall, had last control over
the list was an Esperantist. When I was a member just a couple months back I looked at
the membership list. Guess what? Most were esperantists and/or interlinguaists. Folks
who theoretically have no desire for the language to grow. So, ergo, they don't post. The
rest seem to be lurking hoping someone or someones will start using the language. On top of
that, at least twenty on the list are listed as "bouncing", which means the people no longer
have the same email address, or not on the internet anylonger. Also, there are some
duplicates where people took up a new email address but never changed the old. The list
says 121right now. However, a
more accurate count would be closer to 75-80 I think. Mostly non-occidentalists as far as I
can tell by the names there. Including one Jacque D. and others familiar to this auxlang list.

In addition to that, the people I know who really know Occidental don't or won't participate on
the list.

This doesn't make for a very good growth opportunity through that list for sure. I do know
from personal correspondence and private emails that there are people all over Europe who
are exceptionally fluent in the language. Why they don't do more publicly I really can't figure
out. There seems to be some kind of a difference in attitude about "public" braggdocio", or
however that's spelled.

Now, that's one of the problems for the Occidental list. But, that begs the question, what
about Esperanto, Ido, and ILa? How many members on those lists are really listed still, but
are "bouncers"? How many are "doubles"? How many are Esperantists on the ILa and Ido
lists just to keep us, so to speak, with the competition.

It seems from looking at quite a few lists that we have a lot of the same people doing double
duty on these lists. Either to help them, or to hinder them, or to watch them???? Don't know
which is the correct answer if not something else, like, "hey, I'm just curious about all of
them." That still means, the numbers are not what they appear to be.

Bottom line: with this kind of experience going on with these "international languages" how
can they ever really grow until each group is a group of real "believers" and pushes each
language to see how far they can and will go?